Thursday, February 7, 2013

Love & Friendship

Dr. Borck mentioned at one point Derrida's view that people should merge horizons and leave out politics. I truly agree with this thought because politics makes everything complicated. Politics hinders relationships, friendships & partnerships in many different aspects. For example, many times couples have differing views on how they view the world and it can bring negativity and challenge to the relationship.
I also feel that in love and friendship it is that we as individuals are both the friend and the enemy. We can be our own worst enemy and that can negatively impact our relationship with all those we communicate with. Dr. Borck mentioned Plato briefly as the "sexy philosopher" which I thought was funny because I made a random connection with my life to this. I find sometime that I remember people differently from their physique. I felt like Dr. Borck's method of referring to him in this way was to relate it better to the audience which I appreciated.
Overall, I thought Dr. Borck was very enthusiastic about the subject. I thought it was very dense and at some points I had a hard time understanding the material because it was so detailed. I can tell that she is passionate about this subject so I thoroughly enjoyed listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment